Career Advancement & Workforce Training Program
City of Hardeeville in partnership with Palmetto Training are providing a Career Advancement and Workforce Training Program.
The City of Hardeeville received a grant from EJF Philanthropies to establish a Workforce Training Program. With the growth of the City of Hardeeville and new industrial job opportunities expected for the region, the City feels it's important to have quality trained workforce ready for these positions. The training will provide career advancement opportunities for City of Hardeeville/Jasper County residents along with training availability for neighboring residents in the Lowcountry and coastal Georgia.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A). This program will prepare students to obtain their CDL-A from SCDMV, enabling them to seek employment as professional drivers.
- Forklift Training and Certification. Students will learn the knowledge necessary to take the Caterpillar Sit Down Rider Theory and Practical test.
- NCCER Welding Certification Program. Students will learn different cutting types, including Oxyfuel, Plasma Arc, Pulse MIG, and be fully prepared to pass their D-1-1 exam in order to start a welding career
- OSHA 10 Hours construction safety program.OSHA works to reduce workplace injuries and fatalities through tra ining and safety standards.
Who It's Right For
- Career Advancement
- High School Students
- Persons with disabilities who strive to achieve competitive employment
- Recent High School and College Graduates
- (10 weeks) -Welding, OSHA, and Forklift - Cost $5,500
- (4 weeks or 8 weekends) - CDL, Cost $5,500
- Assistance with job placement and job readiness.
- Free or Reduced Cost to qualified applicants
- City and Palmetto Training are partnering with various Regional Nonprofits, State, and Local agencies to make the program affordable.
- Jasper County Residents Free Tuition
- Rolling Enrollment
- Short Term Classes
Please submit an application or complete the document (PDF).
Workforce Initiative Training
Please click here to learn more.
Neil ParsonsAdministrative Services DirectorPhone: 843-784-2231