June 2, 2016 - Present
Public service in Mahwah, NJ
- Born in Philadelphia, PA. September 21, 1949. 2nd child in a family of 10.
- Married 36 years to Beth.
- Beth and Williams have a daughter, Lauren 32, and a son, Jared 28.
- Lived in Mahwah, NJ from 1993-2015.
Education and business background
- Served 5 years as City Councilman.
- Served 1 year as Council President and 2 years as Council Vice-President.
- Served 3 years on the Planning Board.
- Served 8 years as Chair of the Volunteer Recreation Committee.
- Served 3 years as president of the Mahwah Raiders Youth Soccer Club.
- Served 10 years as a youth sports coach.
Record in Hardeeville
- Graduate of Rutgers University with a BA in Economics, 1971.
- 42-year veteran of the footwear industry.
- Currently retired.
- Elected to City Council September 22, 2015 in a Special Election to fill a vacated seat. Installed October 1, 2015.
- Elected to mayor for a 4-year term on May 10, 2016 after running unopposed. Installed June 2, 2016.
- Chairman. Southern Low Country (SoLoCo) Advisory Board. August 2017-Present.
- Board member. Southern Carolina Alliance. July 2016-Present.
- Board member. Jasper County Chamber of Commerce. January 2018–Present.