Assistant Clerk of Court
Assistant Clerk of Court
City of Hardeeville
The City of Hardeeville is actively seeking a candidate for Assistant Clerk of Court
Under direct supervision of the Municipal Court Judge, this position is responsible for aiding in clerical work of a specialized nature involving responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of court records including legal documents, forms, and reports. Work involves public contact with attorneys and the public for whom the local court procedures are explained and interpreted. Work is performed manually and/or through the court Case Management System. Position holds the potential of becoming full time.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Opens the Municipal Court for business
- Performs routine clerical duties, including but not limited to typing letters, faxing information, answering phones, processing mail, completing forms, and copying/filing paperwork as applicable
- Assists the Clerk of Court in handling incoming phone calls for Municipal Court
- Assists handling incoming phone calls and directs calls to appropriate departments, answers general inquiries from walk-in traffic, as required
- Receives and processes payments made to the Municipal Court using the Court’s Case Management System
- Assists in dispersing information and messages to the Municipal Court and Police Department, as needed
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax machine, adding machine, copier, telephone, and postage machine
- Inputs traffic tickets in the Court Case Management System
- Assists the Clerk of Court during Criminal/Traffic Court, Preliminary Hearings, Roster Meetings and/or Jury Trials
- Assists in rescheduling Municipal Court cases and notifies parties involved
- Assists in scanning, filing, organizing accordingly all Criminal/Traffic/ Ordinance tickets
- Assists in filing, scanning, purging and/or archiving all disposed cases, documents, dockets etc.
- Covers all responsibilities of the Clerk of Court in his/her absence.
- Performs clerical duties and special tasks assigned by the Municipal Judge(s)
- Oversees the process of Expungements Orders such as filing, distributing copies to required departments etc.…
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned; omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Must have attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume highlighting experience and references via email to email@example.com;
U.S. mail to:
City of Hardeeville Attention City Clerk
P.O. Box 609,
Hardeeville, SC 29927,
or faxed to (843)784-6384.
The City of Hardeeville is a drug free / smoke free workplace. The City of Hardeeville is an EOE employer and an E-Verify user; all applicants considered for employment must submit to a background check and urinalysis screening for illegal drugs use prior to offer of employment.
Resumes accepted through end of business: December 11, 2020