- 10 am
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
If you would like to be on the mailing list for Planning Commission announcements, please contact the Planning and Development Department at 843-784-2231.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mark Seipel – Commission Chair
- Stephen Talbot – Vice Commission Chair
- Donald Kassel – Commission Member
- Jeff Foreman – Commission Member
- Jeff Dembiec – Commission Member
About the Commission
The Planning Commission (PC) serves as the public's first opportunity to comment on proposed planning and zoning changes. Its duty is to engage in a continuing program for the physical, social, and economic growth, development, and redevelopment of the City. Additionally, the PC prepares and periodically revises the City's Comprehensive Plan and all implementation measures required to carry out the goals of the plan, including zoning ordinances, subdivision regulations, and an Official Zoning Map.
Revised Zoning Ordinances
The Planning Commission may prepare and recommend revised zoning ordinances or amendments to the Ordinance to the City Council and review and make recommendations concerning amendments to the Municipal Zoning and Development Ordinance (MZDO). The PC reviews zoning change requests and assignments, Planned Development District (PDD) applications, and Master Plan requests. Based on these reviews, the PC makes official recommendations to City Council on these projects.
Planning Commission Forms
- Form Phone: Text Amendment Application (PDF) - Fill out this form if you plan to request a change to the zoning ordinance.
- Form Z: Zoning Map Amendment (Rezoning) Application (PDF) - Fill out this form if you plan to rezone a property.
As of now credit card payments can be made online by the card holder. To pay online, go to Hardeeville Government Portal and select which category/department you want to make a payment for in the drop down menu or by selecting continue under the title.